- Samantha Fury creates our covers. She has some helpful information below.
- Cover: Send us detailed cover ideas. What do you imagine when you think about your cover? Please write a few sentences and if possible give a sample. Find a similar cover or draw on paper how you see the words and images. This is the time to ask about anything. If you have any ideas of things you might like to see mention them at the start of the project.
- Details: Send us a blurb, your author image, do you have a favorite font, do you want your name on the top or bottom. Do you want any special spelling or arrangement or sub titles or Book 1 or Book 2 etc.
- Images Included. Each book will come with the option of 3 images. It’s $5.00 an image after that
- Images. Pick images here for faces, people, www.depositphoto.com background images can come from this free site www.pixably.com/. If you want to use an image from any other stock site, you can purchase the image yourself, and email it to us. Sorry no price deduction in the cover fee for using free images or images from another site.
- FONTS at the link below you can see the fonts to pick from. If on a pc hit Ctrl and + to make the images bigger so you can read them and give Samantha the name of the font. http://www.furycoverdesign.com/fonts.html
- Samples Normally, authors will receive 3 or more samples as a starting point. We kindly suggest you study the samples. Offer as much input as you can at this time. If something isn’t as you prefer let it be known, and if changes can be made they will be. Samantha does her best to help our authors, but the more information she can get from the starting point saves time and money. It’s always good to have someone else read the cover over for spelling errors. Samantha uses copy and paste so please be sure those spelling errors are correct. Having someone else read or look at the sample is always productive
- Final Samples From here we’ll give the option to tweak a sample 3 times. Please search the samples for any and all changes, suggestions or ideas. Changes after three times is 15.00 an hour. Samantha will consider your changes and give you an estimated amount of time when moving past the third try.
Time Saver and tips for Fiction 1 )Models When you have models on a cover find the images of the models first and write the story around the images you find. It’s hard to find that perfect image.
Time Saver for Fiction and Non Fiction 2 )Image Mistakes: Don’t fall in love with an image. Sometimes we see what we think is the perfect image but is it really? We need to pick images that best will grab the attention of the reader, and still stay true to the story.
3)Visual Blurb: A cover is the first chance anyone has for falling in love with and buying your book. Please consider these comments when working on your cover ideas.
4)Don’t go with just an image you’re in love with but find an image that will be the best visual blurb and draw attention. Look at the best selling covers in your genre, but not by the big name people. If you have a name it won’t matter what your cover looks like. If you have a name people buy your books because of your reputation. For instance Stephen King only needs his name on a blank image to sell a book. We as new authors and unknown authors have to draw the attention of a reader, and if they’re scanning through thousands of books looking for something to read you only have seconds to make them stop on your book.
5)That said you need.Bright colors, a striking image, something that grabs the attention of the reader. Also, don’t put too many fonts on your e book cover. The size of a cover is small and it won’t be easily seen or read, if you have too many fonts. I often suggest two covers for those that write Non Fiction one for their paperback and one with a lot less writing on the cover for the E book version.
We hope you find this useful
After the cover is done
Once you're finished and you're book is printed and in your hands for some free advertising send Samantha a short video clip of you holding the book and turning it front to back for her website. Also include a link where the book can be purchased. You can see samples here at this link. If you can't do a video please take a picture of the book at an angle so the spine and front cover can be seen.